Monday, October 12, 2009

My Favorite $5 Find for Fall


Nothing makes a house feel more homey than a nice candle.

But try finding one that doesn’t a) reek like cheap perfume b) come in an unattractive jar with a label plastered on the front and c) cost $15 or more.

Not easy, in my experience. So I was delighted to discover at Walmart this triple-tiered candle with pleasant pumpkin, spice cake and caramel scents, for about $5. Five dollars! This is a hearty, good-size candle, about six-inches tall, and it also came in several other colors and fragrances. I was so giddy that I didn’t have the good sense to buy several.

Perhaps the best part? I flipped the candle over and was pleasantly surprised to discover that it was manufactured in the USA by a company in Kentucky.

Warmth, light and autumn now grace my kitchen table, for just a few dollars.

P.S. - I didn't see the candles at the Walmart Web site, but hope we can still find them in-store...

No comments:

Post a Comment