Sunday, November 1, 2009

Make Someone’s Day for Less Than $10


How often can you make someone’s day with a nice present - one that’s personal, special and gift-wrapped - for less than $10?

I found such a gift recently in the form of a half-pound box of See’s Candies, which the folks at the local See’s counter helped me customize for my grandmother. (They also waited patiently while a long line formed as I tried to be quick about picking the candies gramma would like best.) 

It was hard to choose with dozens of options like milk chocolate or dark, marshmallow, caramel, cafe au lait, vanilla buttercream, apricot, strawberry, raspberry, etc., etc.

Bonus tip: So that your recipient can easily figure out what’s inside each confection, include a product list (I got one from the store) complete with color photos and descriptions. Invite her to circle the sweets she likes best and send the list back to you for future gift-buying reference.

How nice to give a $10 gift and get a way to connect with a faraway loved one!

Do you have a gift idea that’s $10 or less and truly something special? Email me at valuforia at gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment